Miami is full of surprises from its beautiful beaches and acclaimed restaurants to family-friendly events and vibrant architecture. However, did you know that Miami has a number of wildlife attractions? If you love animals and sea life, Miami has something for everyone. For your next trip, don’t miss out on any of these wildlife adventures.
I love visiting the Everglades, the “river of grass,” for viewing all sorts of wildlife. If you prefer a more packaged way of visiting rather than going on your own to Everglades National Park, you can visit:
- Everglades Alligator Farm. The Everglades is known for its ecosystem and its most famous residents, alligators. The Everglades Alligator Farm features 2,000 alligators, airboat tours and wildlife shows. You can even get a picture with a baby alligator or snake.
- Everglades Safari Park. Located in the Florida Everglades National Park, you’ll find a jungle trail, The Alligator Show and crocodile exhibits. Enjoy private tours, the Safari Restaurant, and airboat rides.
A few more amusement park-like attractions in the area include:
- Monkey Jungle. If you love monkeys, this is the place for you. Experience 30 species of primates on a 30-acre reserve. You’ll find orangutan training sessions, crab-eating java monkeys, and Rainforest Adventure Tours. The reserve has the only semi-natural rainforest in America.
- Seaquarium. It’s not your typical aquarium! Seaquarium is the longest operating oceanarium in the nation. The place feels dated and you’ll have to dodge the protestors who aren’t happy that an orca named Lolita is held there. If you want marine mammal shows, I’d recommend driving down to Islamorada to visit Theater of the Sea.
- Zoo Miami (The Miami-Dade Zoological Park & Garden). It is the largest and oldest zoological garden in Florida as well as the only subtropical zoo in the United States. On 750 acres of land, Zoo Miami offers over five hundred animal species, over a thousand plant species, special tours and so much more!
- Jungle Island. For adventure seekers, Jungle Island offers a variety of attractions on the ground and in the air. This eco-adventure park was recently renovated and provides thrilling experiences, including free-flight in the SuperFlight aerodium, up-close animal experiences, and fun escape rooms. You can even book a corporate event or a wedding here!
Don’t forget to visit the area’s numerous state and local parks!