Miami is known for its nightlife, beaches and cuisine. What many people do not realize is that there are a number of winter events that are very popular. If you are planning a vacation or even a staycation, get ready for packed weekends. From wine and food to horse racing and concerts, there is something for everyone. Here are just a few of the events going on.
- South Beach Wine and Food Festival – For nearly 20 years, this festival has brought the best and brightest in food and wine to Miami. Celebrity chefs impart valuable advice and the parties are legendary. You can take a class or hang out at a pool party. Featured events this year include A Taste of Puerto Rico with Jose՛Andres, Rose՛Pool Party with Geoffrey Zakarian and Mangia: A Taste of Italy Afterdark with Marc Murphy. Tickets go fast, so get yours now!
- Pegasus World Cup 2019 – If you love horse racing, you can’t afford to miss this event. Known as the “million dollar horse race,” the Pegasus World Cup will have you gripping your seat. The atmosphere is electric with music, featuring performances by Snoop Dogg and Mark Ronson. Great food and drinks round out the experience.
- International Chocolate Festival – Held at the Fairchild Botanical Tropical Garden, this delicious event features chocolatiers of all skill levels and their wares. Explore how chocolate is sourced and made into delectable treats as well as sample chocolate in various forms. There’s also lawn games, exhibits, food, and a market.
- Miami International Map Fair – I know what you are thinking: Maps are still being made? Yes, and if you’re a cartophile, you don’t want to miss out on the largest and longest running map fair in the Americas. Enjoy lectures and access to dealers as well as fine antique maps, rare books, and gorgeous atlases.
- Calle Ocho Festival – It’s the largest Hispanic festival in the nation spanning 20 blocks and 12 stages. The Carnaval Miami, Calle Ocho Festival offers international food, sampling sites, artistic wares, and folklore dances along with the Croqueta Eating Contest and Cuban Sandwich Smackdown competition. This vibrant festival will have you dancing in the streets!
There is so much to see and do in Miami in the wintertime. Explore our heritage while enjoying amazing food and music at affordable prices. No matter which event you attend, you will have a ton of fun and make memories to last a lifetime.