For a number of years, I ran the chapter of All Pro Dad at my sons’ school. All Pro Dad has the unique mission to bring focus, guidance, sociability, and practical tips to fathers throughout the world. Dads are inspired to love and lead the family and to give boldness of character and tenderness of heart as a father.
The highlight of the program is the monthly All Pro Dad’s Day. This is a free breakfast gathering held before school where fathers meet as a group with their children. The meetings start with the fathers introducing their children and telling the group something about the child that makes them proud. After a video introduction of the month’s topic, the fathers engage in a guided discussion about the topic with their children. We’ve gone over topics such as “Discovery,” “Making Decisions,” and “Influence.” Our local NBC affiliate covered one of the meetings.
Additional benefits available through All Pro Dad include:
– daily emails with advice on how to be a better father.
– interesting and educational bonding events.
– reading lists with age-appropriate books that cover the monthly topic.
– access to All Pro Dad Father and Kids Experiences.
All Pro Dad Father and Kids Experiences
Hosted since 2002, these have already been held in 22 different NFL, NCAA, and MLB markets at the teams’ stadiums or practice facilities an amazing 80 times. The three-hour event finds participation in games that deliver useful tips and strengthen relationships. My boys and I attended one of these recently in Miami hosted by the University of Miami football coach, Mark Richt.
How to Start a Chapter
If you are impressed and motivated to help fathers and kids grow stronger in their lives and bondings as well as improve your community and schools, think seriously about bringing a chapter to your local area. These are the easy steps:
Advise a school’s administration or the PTA of the wonderful impact that All Pro Dad’s Day provides to families and the community, gain approval for the program, and find out the best launch date for this new chapter.
- Register with All Pro Dad and pay the $50 annual chapter fee.
- Set up the Online Profile on the web page that will be created for you giving contacts and coming events.
- Find a venue for the meeting. Hopefully at the school or nearby.
- Partner with the school or a local restaurant that will supply a small breakfast for attendees.
- Get the word out with some of the great provided promotional tools so that you can spread the news about when and where to meet and other details.
- Feel free to contact me for advice on starting a chapter.